At Wagly, we believe in keeping pets happy and healthy throughout their lives.
Pets don’t talk, so it’s even more important to use advanced diagnostics to screen for disease early and actively manage medical conditions.
We understand the value immediate diagnostic results provide for our patients and their parents. That is why each of our hospitals is equipped with a state of the art diagnostic laboratory and imaging center.
We have the capability of performing a wide range of tests in our in-house laboratories, with immediate results while you are at Wagly, including some of the following:
- Complete Blood Count often referred to as a “CBC” (to count blood cells such as red and white cells, and platelets)
- Blood chemistry profile (to measure chemical components of the blood)
- Urine tests
- Digital radiographs (X-Ray)
- Digital dental radiographs
- Parasite screening (incl. tick-borne diseases such as Lyme’s disease or Erlichia)
At Wagly we recommend diagnostic screens:
- During your puppy’s or kitten’s first veterinary exam – this allows us to set a baseline for your pet’s individual metabolism and blood values. Included in our Healthy Pet Plans!
- Every year, as part of a preventative care exam, to keep your pet healthy – this allows us to identify any changes in your pet’s health and treat issues before they become serious concerns. Included in our Healthy Pet Plans!
- Before a surgery, such as a spay or neuter, to define the right anesthetic protocol and make sure your pet is ready for the procedure.
- Before taking certain medications, to make sure your pet will tolerate them well.
- If a problem is suspected, to help develop a diagnosis, rule out other concerns, and guide the treatment plan.